Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Knox had a special Thanksgiving lunch at school with 16 of his two year old friends. Ty and I were invited and Knox thought it was pretty cool to have mom and dad at school. The teachers went around the table and asked each child what they were thankful for. Knox said "mommy". O.k., so there were five other kids that said "mommy" before him, but I was thrilled anyway.



Knox was ready to pray



I love reading to my two boys.



Thanksgiving was a really beautiful sixty degree day. Ty went for a bike ride with some friends in Chapel Hill and Knox and I went outside for some baseball time. We cooked a little together and during the boys' nap I was able to go on my first run since having Levi. I thought I would have to stop every five minutes, but I was able to run for a solid 20 minutes at a fairly decent pace. Now, I was a little sore the next day, but it actually felt great! I'm on the road to getting in shape and that makes me happy. After the run, I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking and then our preacher and his wife came over to eat Thanksgiving dinner with us. They have a two year old as well, so the evening was entertaining between happy scream contests and battles over toys. I owe Better Homes and Gardens magazine and Rachel Ray tons of thanks for some easy and delicious recipes. Turkey cutlets are the way to go for a small crowd.





One stuffed turkey.


The day after Thanksgiving we decided to go on a short hike. I found a Snuggli backpack at a consignment sale in the fall and this was the first time Knox had used it. He really enjoyed it and liked being up high where he could scope things out. We did let him get down and run on the trail for awhile though. He really liked collecting sticks in the woods and visiting with all the dogs that were hiking too. We ate a pbj lunch by the creek and made it back in time for Levi to eat at home. He slept on me the entire time. It was a perfect day with wonderful weather.



2 comments:

sheridan said...

wow I'm way impressed with you running already! you go girl! so glad you are doing so well. Happy Holidays!

Kelly said...

Loved all the updates!!! Your food looked so yummy!!! Way to go:) Also, way to put all the master's in Reading work to practice on your boys:):) Merry Christmas!!