Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy Buddies

Knox and Levi are so full of life right now. I can hardly keep up. Now that Levi is crawling and pulling up, we have entered a whole new situation. The other night I was washing Knox's hands after he used the bathroom and I turned around to find Levi swishing his hand around in the toilet. It seems like the toilet is a big splash park for him; I can't keep him away from it. We have to throw a towel over the lid so that he wont grab all over the seat.

Doesn't he look mischievous?


Knox is still all into sports, but is also very fascinated by bugs right now. He is also into pretend play- the type that includes enemies that he must beat down with a broom handle. We march around the garden, into the woods, and under the apple trees to "fight the enemies". I think Ty started the whole scenario and Knox became obsessed with it.



Since Levi is so busy, Knox has done his best to protect him. Tonight I heard them both by the stairs and Knox said "mom, Levi is trying to climb the stairs", and then he told Levi "no, no, your mom doesn't want you to come up here". He hugs him a lot and they crawl around and play chase. It's really fun to see them interacting now.

We're enjoying our time in CT and my mom and dad have been such a blessing. They have dealt well with a house full of chaos and baby/toddler mood swings.

A night for marshmallow roasting



Knox and I were painting rocks into animals and in the middle of our fun I had to go get Levi up from his nap. I told him several times about not getting it on his hands and the rule about not mixing the paints together. He followed my rules but...



PJ Playdough time




This is Levi in an outfit that my grandmother made for my dad when he was a baby. Notice that it's a little tight around the tummy area.



My old high school basketball clothes- he was ready to play dress-up



Priceless

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad that your boys are having so much fun together!
How are you doing in CT?
We will miss you at MOPS!
I LOVE all the pictures! Knoz is such a funny guy. And Levi is getting so big. That must be a huge sink, to give him a bath in it! Aliah is just starting to crawl and get into everything too (though she hasnt messed with the toilet yet, I dont usually let her into the bathroom).

Kelly said...

I loved reading all your stories! The toilet thing was so funny! Also, the painting:):)!! So glad you are doing well! Miss you!!

Kelly said...

Hope you are doing well! I'd love to see more pics! You are probably soo busy with two! I'll know soon....we are due in Dec.:):)